That Night

“Hi”
2mins later
“Hello “
“Wassup”
10 mins later
“Reading,You??”
As I was staring at my phone to get a reply,a shadow suddenly crossed me.
It was 2 am in the night or I should say morning and I couldn't manage to get a sleep.
I was sitting under the open dark sky,sky was completely clear and moon wasn't visible,a day after full moon.
It has been always soothing to sit and relax on my terrace,no noises irritate your ear drums,just a serene and calm place to enjoy your own company.
Only haunted things are your thoughts and at the least your own face.
Concept of supernatural powers has gone long back since the day these cities have developed.
These poor souls no more roam around,for humans are more dangerous than they are.
As the shadow crossed I tilted my head towards and saw a girl.
Right 5 buildings away from my terrace I saw her talking to someone.
I couldn't recognise what,how and whom she was talking to but the moving lips could say it all.
I kept my mobile aside and started observing her,the different walking style and facial expressions made me wonder.
She was roaming from one place to another and all of a sudden she climbed the cliff.
The boundary wall of her terrace.
I was completely shocked,baffled and wondered what she was going to do next.
There were hundreds of thoughts running back and forth.
What I should do,should I sit back and watch or should I run and save her?
I was 5 buildings away from her,what if she sees me and jumps out of terror,what if she is tired of life and wants to end everything?
What if I reach on time and save her life,will I be able to convince her to live once again??
Keeping all such thoughts in my mind I jumped,right from one building to another and reached at her terrace,she was still standing there,mumbling and completely wet.
She was sweating badly as I could sense her back,it was drenched with water.
I took a deep breath and with much courage,
“hey wait please,don't jump”
She didn't responded and moved another step in air.
I was hell afraid,”see every problem has a solution but that solution is certainly not death”
Still no response,as if I wasn't talking to some human but a wall which stands still,no matter how hard you hit.
“Kindly wait..stop you girl stop”
And I pulled her back and saw her bloody red eyes,she finally woke up from her sleep.
“why have you clutched me like this and where I am??”,she shouted all of a sudden.
I slapped her tight,don't know why,but may be coz for the first time i have seen someone giving up their life in front of me or were these the inner thoughts.
Even I was a loser by heart and always wanted to give up my life but seeing this girl like this made me realise there's much more to life than death.
I saw death from very close that day and decided to give up on my thoughts.
Coming back to my senses,:”Idiot you were going to jump from here”
With her teary eyes,she replied “I have somnambulism, a behavior disorder,I walk in my sleep,but seriously thank you so much you saved me today”
And she hugged him tightly,after all he was the saviour

Not just one,but that day he saved two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ever Loved a Storyteller ¿¿

What matters at the end!!